Storage Made Easy updates its multi-cloud iOS, Android and Mac Apps for the Enterprise File Fabric™
London, 5th July 2019 - Storage Made Easy® (SME), announced today that it has updated its iOS, Android and OSX client applications for its secure multi-cloud content management Enterprise File Fabric™ solution.
The Storage Made Easy File Manager application for iOS has been updated with a number of improvements that include support for streaming videos, as well as improvements to devices using iOS’s Accessibility tools. With video streaming support, users of the iOS application can now stream videos in real time that are stored on their on-cloud or on-premises storage platforms, without needing to download the entire video to their device. Users can also ‘scrub’ through videos, allowing them to quickly pan through the video to find their relevant portion.
The new iOS application also has received significant improvements around it’s integration with iOS’s Accessiblity toolsets, such as supporting Large Font modes.
The Enterprise File Fabric Android app has also received specific improvements to it’s hierarchical Notes application, allowing users to easily take, record, save and synchronize Notes that can be stored on any of the 60+ storge solution supported.
The SME mobile Apps Features include, among others:
- Ultra Secure File Sharing for over 60 storage clouds, including Amazon S3 and S3 comptible storage, that includes the ability to set time expiry and passwords.
- Sync: Sync from any cloud directory to any device. Users can also map directories from multiple storage endpoints to be sychronized.
- Upload /Download files directly to/from iOS / Android devices devices.
- Cloud View: View documents ‘on Cloud’ without needing to download.
- Document Sharing: Open files downloaded to SME in other iOS / Android Apps and vice-versa.
- Local file Security: Can be set to use Apple's device encryption or Android device encryption to protect all files stored on device.
- Create / Manage Collaboration Groups for sharing files in workspaces directly from a device.
The macOS app suite has also received a raft of stability and user experience improvements, giving users the ultimate editing and browsing experience, whether that’s using the Enterprise File Fabric’s ‘Virtual’ OSX Drive in Finder, Cloud Files browser from the Mac menu bar, Desktop Syncronization, or editing directly from a browser through the File Fabric’s CloudEdit functionality (Open in a web browser and edit and save back to Cloud from the desktop application).
The SME macOS App suite consists of:
- Cloud Drive: Adds a mapped Cloud Drive that appears directly in Finder.
- Finder integration: Integrated ito Finder actions for sharing or locking a file.
- Desktop Sync: In addition to the drive nominate local or cloud folders for sync.
- Mail Integration Integrates directly into Mac Mail for secure file sharing.
- Search integration: Accessible directly from the toolbar.
These applications are now published and can be accessed from here:
For its direct enterprise customers which include Corporate, Service Provider, Government and Educational establishments, these applications can be tailored and branded to suit the needs of end users.
About Storage Made Easy (SME)
Storage Made Easy provides a multi-cloud data management and data protection product called the Enterprise File Fabric™ that unifies on-premises and on-cloud company storage assets in addition to standalone products that bridge desktop and cloud, such as operating system native cloud drives and cloud explorer applications.
The File Fabric provides cloud-like economics across a company's storage portfolio, unlocking the benefits and cost-efficiency of its data assets whilst providing strict controls and governance for legislative compliance and security concerns such as ransomware attacks. Existing site-based storage infrastructures can be transformed into an on-premises private cloud, delivering a storage-as-a- service model to the company. Local storage can be connected to public clouds, expertly managed by the File Fabric as a unified hybrid cloud storage platform.
The File Fabric solution offers a "blanket" that companies can privately apply to wrap around all their data: on-premises, within a public cloud, or on a third party software vendors' cloud (SharePoint or Salesforce for example). Customers can use the File Fabric for security, encryption and control with a focus on compliance regimes such as GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA and GBLA.
Customers include one of the world's largest social media companies, and also one of the largest global retailers, in addition to global internet service providers, universities and international government and governmental bodies.
The company is backed by one of the largest alternative asset managers in addition to entrepreneurs in the London market insurance industry, who have previously successfully sold their company to a listed peer.
Storage Made Easy is the trading name of Vehera LTD.